Microsoft has released a major update for its popular Microsoft Flight Simulator simulation, while there is also news on the third-party add-on side.
Today, Microsoft released a major update for its popular Microsoft Flight Simulator simulation, while there is also news on the third-party add-on side.
The update, dubbed Sim Update 8 and numbered 220.127.116.11, includes tons of changes some of which are listed below.
- New marketplace interface including a map displaying available airports with better discoverability and navigation experience
- The new Private Match game mode for Reno Air Races is available through the Content Manager and allows customization of aircraft performance, number of laps, race assists, and time of day)
- A new optional propeller simulation system with hundreds of moving surfaces realistically covering the simulated propeller has been implemented on 3 Cessna 152, Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX and Beechcraft King Air 350i aircraft now using the new propeller simulation system. This improves propeller effects such as p-factor as well as feathering, propeller drag, etc.
- A new Spotlight Event landing challenge is available for you to fly, featuring the Cessna Citation CJ4 landing at Reno Stead Airport
Other updates include several bug fixes, stability improvements, changes to navaids including the display of Tacan channels, weather improvements, and many default aircraft changes.
The full patch notes can be found here, and you can expect a download of around 500 megabytes from the Windows Store or Steam on PC, followed by a 4.34 gigabyte download in the SIM card. You will also need to download a ton of minor content updates in the content manager (for me it was 11 gigabytes).
We also get an update for the increasingly complex and impressive A32NX Airbus A320 Neo add-on software from FlyByWire.
Version 1.5 of the custom flight management system, which includes seven new types of legs, holds, hover options, etc., has been implemented in the development version.
The same has been done with the new TCAS systems. You can find more information here and here.
These features were previously exclusive to the experimental version of the add-on.
FlyTampa has also just released its rendition of Toronto Pearson International Airport (CYYZ).
The airport is available on the developer’s own store for $17.99. A release on the Orbx Central store will follow.
Below you can take a look at what to expect.
- Terminal interior models
- PBR textures and dynamic lighting
- 3D terrain including tunnels and bridges
- Toronto Airport Version 2021-22
It’s worth mentioning that this is a completely different rendition of Toronto Pearson than the one posted by Reg Designs yesterday. We advise you to carefully consider your purchase by carefully reviewing both renders before deciding which is best for your needs.
Recently we published our latest interview with Microsoft Flight Simulator lead Jorg Neumann and heard more about Microsoft’s plans for the next few months, including World Update Australia.
If you want to know more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews on the Twin Otter, Auckland International Airport, Skiathos Airport, Athens International Airport, Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport, Amami Airport, Bristol Airport, Marrakech Menara Airport, Great Britain Central, Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, Shanghai Pudong Airport, Krakow Airport, Fukuoka City and Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Chongqing City and Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport , CRJ 550/700, PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, F-15 Eagle , the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Cala Bria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi Airport.
If you want to know more about the game itself, you can read our review which will tell you everything you need to know about the game from Asobo Studio.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is already available for Windows 10 and Steam, and Xbox Series X|S.