Emoji or Memoji are personalized Animoji. These Animoji can look exactly like you.
Representative image / Unsplash
Using Memoji as your Apple ID profile picture is fun and gives you the ability to prevent your real face from appearing anywhere. This change to your profile picture syncs across all devices where you use your Apple ID.
What is an Apple ID?
An Apple ID gives you access to the iTunes Store, App Store, Apple Books, iCloud, FaceTime, and other services.
It consists of an e-mail address and a password. Apple recommends that you use the same Apple ID for all Apple services.
How to set Memoji as Apple ID picture on iPhone or iPad:
Before you begin, you’ll need to create a Memoji and Animoji on an iPhone or iPad if you haven’t already.
Only then can you use it as your Apple ID profile picture.
How to set up Memoji on iPhone or iPad:
- After creating a Memoji, open the âSettingsâ app on your iPhone or iPad and navigate to the âMessagesâ section
- Select “Share name and photo”
- You will see your Apple ID profile with an existing photo
- Activate the toggle for “Name and photo sharing” if it is deactivated
- Under “Share automatically”, select “Contacts only” if you want to share your new photo with your contacts automatically.
- Press “Add a photo”
- In the “Memoji” section, select a memoji or tap “View more” to view more options
- After choosing a Memoji, you can also set its emotion in Apple ID.
- You can also choose one from the existing options or create a new one.
- Select “Next” after choosing one
- Use the pinch to zoom in on the screen to adjust the size of the Memoji to match the circle
- Press “Choose” in the lower right corner
- Select the background color around your Memoji and press “Done”
- Press “Done” again to finalize all changes
- When you see a “Use this photo everywhere” prompt, select “Use”
- You can now open the âSettingsâ app and your chosen Memoji will appear as your Apple ID profile picture under the search bar.
How to set Memoji as Apple ID image on Mac
- Open, press Command + Space to launch Spotlight and type “System Preferences” to open “System and Preferences” on your mac
- Click on your profile picture in the upper left corner of the “System and Preferences” window
- Select the ‘Memoji’ section
- In the Memoji tab, select a Memoji
- Click on the ‘Pose’ tab to adjust its pose and see the preview in the lower left corner
- Click on the ‘Style’ tab to add a background to the Memoji
- Press the “Save” button to apply all changes
READ How to download files and folders from Google Drive
READ How to do KYC online
Click here for IndiaToday.in’s full coverage of the coronavirus pandemic.