Whether your iPhone’s storage is about to run out or you just have a lot of useless apps that are slowing down your iPhone’s response, deleting apps is a practice you should adopt and make a habit of. take frequently. Luckily, deleting apps on iPhone is quite simple and straightforward. So here is how to delete apps on iPhone running iOS 15, iOS 14 or any other version of iOS.
Uninstall/Remove Apps on iPhone and iPad (2022)
There are many ways to uninstall apps on iPhone. Moreover, depending on the iOS version you are using, there are also slight differences in the process. That’s why we’ve divided this guide into sections based on iOS versions, so you can easily begin the process of deleting apps on your iPhone. We also explained how you can delete apps without deleting their documents and data.
As always, you can use the table of contents below to learn how to delete apps on iPhone for your iOS version.
Which built-in apps can you delete on iPhone?
Apple lets you remove several proprietary apps. So, if you find them useless, you can get rid of the junk. Here is the complete list of built-in apps that you can remove on your iPhone running iOS 12 or later.
- itunes store
- To post
- Voice Memos
- Note that even after deleting the Contacts app, contact information will still be available through Phone, Messages, Mail, FaceTime, and other apps.
- Note that if you remove a built-in app, it will affect system functions or related information on your Apple Watch.
- In iOS 10, Apple allows you to remove built-in apps only from your device’s home screen, as you cannot remove them.
- Even after deleting the FaceTime app, you will still be able to make and receive FaceTime calls in the Contacts and Phone app.
- If you delete Apple Maps, Apple Music, Apple Books and Apple Podcasts, you will no longer be able to use them with CarPlay.
- If you remove the Apple Music app, you will not be able to play audio content from its library using Apple apps or third-party apps on some car stereos or stereo receivers.
- If you try to remove the Watch app on your iPhone paired with the Apple Watch, you’ll be prompted to unpair your Apple Watch first.
Delete Apps on iPhone Running iOS 14 and iOS 15
If you are using iOS 14 or the latest iOS 15 on your iPhone, there are several ways you can uninstall apps. The first, and easiest, is obviously via the home screen directly. Let’s look at that first and then we will discuss the other ways to delete apps from your iPhone.
Remove apps from the home screen
- On your home screen, long press the icon of the app you want to remove. In the context menu that appears, tap “Delete application”. Next, tap “Delete app”.
- Hit “Delete” in the confirmation window, and that’s it. The app will be removed from your iPhone.
Remove apps from the App Library
If the app you want to remove is not available on your home screen, you can also remove it directly from the app library. Here’s how.
- Go to the App Library on your iPhone and locate the app you want to remove. Long press the app icon and choose “Delete app” from the pop-up menu.
- In the confirmation window, tap “Delete” again to completely remove the app from your iPhone.
Delete Apps on iPhone Running iOS 13
- On your home screen, go to the app you want to remove. After that, touch and hold app icon and choose Rearrange apps in the menu.
- Now all your apps will enter jiggle mode. Faucet the “X” button at the top of the app and tap To delete in the contextual menu to validate.
Uninstall apps in iOS 12 or earlier
If you are using older versions of iOS like iOS 12 or earlier, you would be happy to know that deleting apps is even easier.
- Go to your iPhone’s home screen and find the app you want to remove. After that, long press the app you want to delete and press the ex” that appears at the top of the app.
- In the pop-up menu, tap “To delete” and confirm.
Remove iPhone Apps from Settings
You can also delete apps on iPhone through the Settings app. This can come in handy when you’re looking through your iPhone’s storage status and notice an app you no longer need, as you can delete it directly from Settings instead of going to the App screen. home and uninstall it. Here’s how.
- Open the Settings app and tap “General”. Next, tap on “iPhone Storage”.
- Scroll down to find the app you want to remove and tap on it. Next, tap “Delete app”.
- You will get a confirmation pop-up window. Tap “Delete” here and the app will be removed from your iPhone.
Offload apps from iPhone
What if you want to delete an app but want to keep the associated documents and data? Don’t worry, that’s where the Offload feature comes in. First introduced in iOS 11, this handy storage management feature lets you auto/manually delete apps while keeping their data. Therefore, when you reinstall the offloaded apps, your data comes back allowing you to use them as before.
1. On your iOS device, open the Settings app and choose General.
2. Now press the iPhone Storage option.
3. Next, select the app you want to offload and tap Download the app. Be sure to confirm the action by tapping Offload App in the menu again.
4. If you want to automatically offload unused apps on your iOS device, you should take advantage of the Auto Offload feature. Under the Recommendations Just below the storage consumption bar at the top, you should see the total amount of storage you can save by offloading apps you barely use. To enable this smart storage management feature, tap To permit.
How to Redownload Deleted Apps on Your iPhone
If you ever want to download the deleted apps again, you can do that easily.
1. Open the App store on your iPhone. Then press the search button and enter app name you are looking for in the search bar.
2. Once the application is displayed, press the download icon located right next door.
Prevent anyone from deleting apps on your iPhone
If you often give your iPhone to your child, you might want to make sure they don’t accidentally delete apps. Considering how easy it is to trigger jiggle mode and remove apps, it’s best to restrict app removal. Luckily, Screen Time, the built-in parental control feature, will let you prevent accidental deletion of apps.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone and choose screen time.
2. Now scroll down and tap “Content and Privacy Restrictions”.
3. Enable the toggle next to “Content and Privacy Restrictions” and press iTunes and App Store purchases.
4. Then press Deleting apps and choose Not to allow.
Easily Delete Apps on iPhone and Save Storage Space
Well, these are the ways you can delete apps from your iPhone, whether you want to do it through the Home screen, App Library or Settings app. Offloading unused apps is also a great way to make sure your iPhone doesn’t run out of storage. However, if you are still unable to recover enough storage on your phone, you should check how to delete system data from your iPhone to recover even more space on your iPhone. Also, if there is any other way to delete apps on iPhone that we missed, let us know in the comments.