It’s really easy to get overwhelmed by subscription services. Especially when companies like Apple make it easy to subscribe. If you’re trying to lower your monthly bills and want to cancel Apple subscriptions quickly and easily, this guide will walk you through the steps.
All you need to know is where to find them. After all, you don’t want to be charged after your free trial ends, do you?
The advantage is that you can quickly find all the subscriptions linked to your Apple ID and cancel the ones you don’t want to renew. Here’s everything you need to know about how to cancel Apple subscriptions on Apple devices and more.
So what are Apple subscriptions anyway?
Until very recently, all services purchased from an App Store application had to be billed through Apple. This gives you the ability to consolidate all of your subscription billing in one place, which is handy.
It could, however, mean you pay a higher price than users elsewhere, as developers often pass on the 30% cut that Apple takes from the consumer.
That’s a good reason to cancel your subscriptions billed through Apple and resubscribe directly with the service. Now that we’ve got that sorted, let’s get started.
How to Cancel Subscriptions on iPhone
If you want to know how to cancel Apple app subscriptions, you’re in luck. Canceling your Apple subscriptions to services like HBO Max, Apple Music, or Apple Arcade is a quick process once you know where to look.
Apple does collect all subscriptions billed through your Apple ID in one place. We show you where to find it:
Tap the Settings app from your iPhone
Next, tap your business card at the top of the screen
Press on Subscriptions
On this screen you will see a list of current subscriptions more past subscriptions who have expired
Tapping on one of these subscriptions takes you to the subscription page. Here you can change your subscription type or unsubscribe
Faucet to to cancel Free try Where Unsubscribe, then press again to confirm
If you have an Apple One subscription, you can cancel the whole subscription or tap Choose individual services if you want to keep some parts.
And boom! Now you know how to find and, more importantly, cancel your App Store subscriptions through Apple on your iPhone. The same steps will also work on your iPad.
How to manage subscriptions on your Apple Watch
Did you know you can manage your subscriptions from your wrist? If you’ve ever been to the bar and realized a subscription was about to renew and freaked out, thinking, “How do I cancel Apple subscriptions from my watch?” we have good news. You can. Here’s how:
- Open the App store on your Apple Watch
- Scroll to Account and press it
- Press on Subscriptions
- Tap the subscription you want to get rid of, then tap unsubscribe
Good work. You have now successfully canceled subscriptions through your Apple Watch.
How to cancel a subscription on your Apple TV
If you have a new AppleTV, you can manage subscriptions for any currently installed tvOS app. Follow below to cancel Apple subscriptions on Apple TV:
- Open Settings
- To select Users and Accounts then select your account
- To select Subscriptions
- Choose the subscription you want to cancel, then select unsubscribe
If you have an older Apple TV, you must use an iOS or iPadOS device or computer to manage subscriptions.
If you don’t see the unsubscribe option, the subscription is already canceled and will not be renewed at the end of the billing cycle.
How to Cancel Your iCloud Storage Subscription
The only Apple subscription that will not appear in the section above is iCloud+. You can still manage this from your iPhone, and we’ll show you where to find it:
- Open Settings
- Then, press your business card at the top of the screen
- Press on iCloud
- Press on Manage storage space
- Press on Change storage plan
- Press on Downgrade Options and enter your Apple ID password
- Tap the 5GB free storage plan
- Confirm your changes and you’ll be done downgrading your iCloud+ subscription
This will stop your paid iCloud+ subscription.
It is important to note that you will lose access to features such as Hide my email and iCloud Private Relay, and you’ll need to figure out where to put your files if you have more than 5GB stored in your iCloud.
How to restart a canceled subscription on your iPhone
Sometimes you may want to restart a subscription that you previously canceled. Apple keeps a record of inactive subscriptions in the same menu we used earlier:
- Follow steps 1-3 from the previous section
- If you have inactive subscriptions, you will see them at the bottom under the Expired category title (shown below)
- Faucet on any subscription in this section that you want to restart
- Choose the subscription level you want to restart, then Double click the side button to confirm
Now your previously canceled Apple subscription is active again! Remember to cancel it again in the future when you inevitably decide the price isn’t worth it.
How to find your subscriptions on Mac
If you have an iMac or MacBook, you can also view and cancel your subscriptions through the App Store app. We will explain everything to you below:
- Open the App store app on your Mac
- Click on your profile icon in the lower left corner
- Click on Show information
- On this page, scroll down to Subscriptionsthen click Manage
- Here you will see your current subscriptions, click tit changes the symbol for the one you want to change
- From here, simply click Cancel Subscriptionconfirm the cancellation, then click Do
This list will only display current subscriptions. If you don’t see anything listed, it means you don’t have an active subscription through Apple.
If you know you still have an active subscription elsewhere, it’s time to go to their own website to cancel. Apple has also some other suggestions if the subscription you want to cancel is not displayed.
How to Find Your Apple Subscriptions Through iTunes
If you’re on a Windows PC, but still want to control your Apple subscriptions, you will need iTunes. Once you have installed it, follow the instructions below:
- To throw the iTunes application on your PC
- Sign in to your Apple ID. Click on Account > Login. If you are already logged in, skip this step
- Enter your Apple ID credentials
- Click on Account then See my account
- On this screen you need to scroll down to Settings section. In this section, navigate to where it says Subscriptions and click on the Manage side button
- A list of all subscriptions linked to your Apple ID will appear. Click on the one you want to cancel
- To cancel the subscription, you must click on the unsubscribe button then click the To confirm button
Congratulations, you are now free from unwanted subscriptions using this iTunes method!
Apple subscriptions are convenient, but not always necessary
Now you know how to cancel Apple subscriptions on almost all of your devices, including iPhone, Mac, and Apple Watch, that’s a great skill to have. With this guide, you also have the knowledge to cancel subscriptions from your Windows devices as well.
The only question is, what are you going to use the money you wasted on subscriptions?
Just a warning, if you buy something through our links, we may get a small share of the sale. It’s one of the ways to keep the lights on here. Click here to find out more.