Apple has just released a second bug fix update for iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 focused on addressing small issues discovered since the operating systems began rolling out in late September. The release notes for the two updates differ slightly, but here is a composite list of the bugs fixed:
- Photos saved to your library from Messages can be deleted after deleting the associated thread or message
- AirTag may not appear in the Find My Items tab
- Device restore or update might fail when using Finder or iTunes for iPhone 13 or iPad mini (6th generation)
- IPhone Leather Wallet with MagSafe may not connect to Find My (iOS only)
- CarPlay may not open audio apps or become disconnected during playback (iOS only)
This release arrives approximately 10 days after the iOS 15.0.1 release. No similar update has been released for macOS or tvOS, but there is also a watchOS 8.0.1 update that fixes some issues for Apple Watch Series 3 owners.
iOS 15.0.1 and 15.0.2 focused on fixing minor bugs, without adding any additional features. Apple is also currently testing iOS and iPadOS 15.1, which (at least as of this writing) will include the SharePlay group video viewing feature, more camera options for the iPhone 13 Pro, the ability to store videos COVID-19 vaccine cards in the app wallet, and a few other additions.
Update: A previous version of this article stated that no watchOS update was available today; we have updated to reflect the release of watchOS 8.0.1.