Chime is a fintech company, not a bank. Banking services provided by The Bancorp Bank or Stride Bank, NA, Members FDIC.
Chime is a popular fintech app that provides users with simple banking services like a checking account, savings account, and secure credit card. It is a very popular application due to its simplicity and user-friendly interface. Although Chime simplifies the banking process for its users, you might need some extra help if you’re in a cash crunch.
Best cash advance apps that work with Chime
Although they seem like an obvious option, payday loans are actually very dangerous. This is why you should consider cash advance applications because of their easier processing and quick service. If you use Chime, you should research cash advance apps that work with it for easier processing.
Here are some of the most popular cash advance apps that work with Chime:
Albert is one of the most popular cash advance apps compatible with Chime. There are no processing or late fees. You can get an advance of up to $250 that you can repay with your next paycheck.
Albert is not a bank itself and banking services are provided by Sutton Bank. He deposits the advance directly into your Chime account.
- Funds deposited in Albert Cash and Albert Savings are FDIC insured.
- Users can earn up to 20% cash back when they purchase gas, groceries and more with an Albert debit card.
- The free version of Albert does not include personal finance tips and rewards.
Similar to Albert, Cleo is one of the cash advance apps that will work with Chime. There are no processing fees when trying to get a cash advance in the Cleo app. A user can get up to $100 cash advance through Cleo.
- Cleo has many useful features that help users build credit and avoid overdrafts.
- It provides users with tools that encourage savings and prepare budgets.
- Cleo’s cash advance feature is not free. Users must subscribe to Cleo Plus or Cleo Builder by paying a monthly fee of $5.99.
- Cleo charges an additional $4 fee for express transfers.
You can easily connect your Chime account to Empower as it is one of the Chime compatible cash advance apps. You can get instant credit up to $250 on the app. Empower is a very popular cash advance app and has provided over $400 million in cash advances.
- Empower does not charge any interest on the money it advances.
- There are no late fees for late payment.
- It has a debit card called Empower Card which has no overdraft fees and users can get express cash advance delivery on the debit card.
- Cash advance features are not free, and users must sign up for an $8 monthly subscription after a 14-day trial period.
Varo has a financial management system and is one of the best cash advance apps that works with Chime. It helps users take control of their money with Varo Bank Visa contactless debit cards and 24/7 branchless mobile banking. Depending on your usage, you can get up to $100 instant cash advance.
- Users can get up to 6% cashback for using Varo cards. Each time the cashback amount reaches $5, Varo automatically transfers the amount to your bank account.
- Varo has high-yield savings accounts that pay interest.
- The criteria for receiving cash advances are complicated. You can only qualify if your account has been active for more than 30 days.
- A cash advance is only available to those who have received $1,000 in direct deposits in the past 31 days. The user must have their Varo Bank debit card linked to their Varo bank account.
- There is a tiered fee structure for cash advances.
5. Silver Lion
MoneyLion is a complete banking platform and one of the best cash advance apps that works with Chime. Similar to Varo, MoneyLion’s cash advance limits are dependent on direct deposits. A user can get an advance of up to $250.
- MoneyLion offers different financial products and users can get an advance of up to $1000 if they register with them.
- If you have a MoneyLion debit card, you can access instant cash advances.
- Users need to pay 3%-5% of the total cash advance amount as a fee.
Dave can be considered one of the best cash advance apps that work with Chime. It is very popular due to its ExtraCash feature which allows users to get a cash advance of up to $500. The process is quick and you can easily transfer funds to your Dave spending account to spend the money you received.
- There is no interest or credit check required to obtain a cash advance from Dave.
- You can spend the money instantly with the Dave Debit Mastercard®. There is no waiting period or low balance issue.
- Dave charges a subscription fee, even though it’s only $1 per month.
- There are additional fees for Instant Funds Transfer.
Although Branch is one of the cash advance apps that work with Chime, you must place your direct deposits into the Branch account to qualify for a cash advance. It is a comprehensive financial management tool that provides advances of up to $500 on a user’s earned salary.
- Branch has several financial wellness tools that can be used by businesses and incorporated into their policy structure. It can act as a complete financial management system for all employees.
- Users can get cash advances of up to 50% of their paycheck – limited to $500 – which are automatically deducted on the next payday. There are no fees involved in these advances.
- Branch Cards are debit cards that come with a free checking account and digital wallet that can be used to pay bills and make purchases. There are no overdraft fees or minimum balance requirements for these cards.
- Branch’s mobile app often experiences disruptions that create issues with cash advances.
Klover is a cash advance app that works with Chime. It’s a good option if you need extra money before payday and lets you get up to $100 free of charge.
- The registration process is very simple and fast. The user just needs to provide their personal details, link their bank account and verify their paycheck to get started.
- You can win extra cash in daily raffles in the Klover app. Winners are announced daily and you get cash rewards. You can also earn points by adding information about yourself which is converted into cash and increases the amount of your advance.
- To be eligible for an advance, the user must have made three regular direct deposits within the last two months. They cannot have a job gap and the payments must come from the same employer.
Sometimes, when money is urgently needed, asking your friends and family can get awkward. That’s why a cash advance is often seen as a convenient option for getting some quick cash.
Although they may seem useful, you should be careful when borrowing money from cash advance apps, never borrow more than you can afford to repay.
Chime Cash Advance App FAQs
- Does FloatMe work with Chime?
- FloatMe is a cash advance app that provides instant cash to its users. However, FloatMe does not currently work with Chime.
- Which apps will allow me to borrow money instantly?
- There are various cash advance apps like Dave, Earnin, Albert, and Varo that allow users to borrow money instantly. The amount of the advance depends on the eligibility criteria defined by each of these applications. However, the user should check the requirements and restrictions before using the services of these apps.
- Can I get a cash advance on my Chime card?
- Chime does not have a direct cash advance program. However, when you use a Credit Builder card to withdraw money from an ATM, it is considered a cash advance. Since Chime charges no interest or fees on this transaction, it works like a debit card.
- Do any lending apps work with Chime?
- Cash advance apps and payday loan apps like Dave, Varo, Albert, Cleo, Empower, and MoneyLion work well with Chime. Users should check individual app requirements and ways to link their Chime account to them.
- Does Albert work with Chime?
- Albert is a cash advance app that works perfectly with Chime. You can easily connect your Chime wallet to the Albert app to receive the cash advance directly to your Chime account.
Information is accurate as of October 10, 2022.
Editorial note: This content is not provided by any entity covered by this article. Any opinions, analyses, criticisms, evaluations, or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or otherwise endorsed by any entity named in this article.
Chime is a fintech company, not a bank. Banking services provided by, and debit card issued by, The Bancorp Bank or Stride Bank, NA; FDIC members.